1. Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe. Walk down the famous Champs Elysees and browse the high end stores. Make sure you stop at the Arc de Triomphe. You can take the stairs to the top for an alternative view of Paris, just note that there is an underground tunnel to get to the Arc de Triomphe. Trying to cross the traffic circle that surrounds it is a terrible idea if you want to make it through the rest of this list.
2. The Eiffel Tower. Need it even be said? Of course you should visit the Eiffel Tower. I love a good sky view, and the Eiffel Tower has a great one. Buy tickets online, ahead of time and arrive when it opens to avoid standing in line for half your day.
3. Macarons. One of the most underrated treats, macarons are a great Parisian treat. They also make great gifts to bring home to friends since they are quite travel friendly. Check out Pierre Hermé for the quintessential macaron.
4. Eat Baguettes (daily). If you travel to France and don’t eat baguettes at every possible occasion, you are missing the greatest part of french Life. Nothing hits the spot quite like a fresh French baguette and some French butter. Perfect for a snack or light meal and very budget friendly.
5. Stroll through Montmartre. Montmartre is a quaint little neighborhood of France. When you picture walking the streets of Paris, these are the streets you are looking for. Vendors like the lanes and there are cute little places to grab a drink or bite to eat around every corner.
6. Take a boat ride down the Seine River. Give your feet a break and view Paris from a boat on the Seine river. Book a cruise in the evening for a great night view of Paris. They also offer dinner cruises regularly. Check out The Bateaux Mouches website.
7. Day trip to Versailles. Though not technically in Paris, we think the Palace of Versailles is good enough to make the list. Gorgeous grounds and tons of history make this a great day trip opportunity.
8. Eat crepes. If it isn’t clear, French food is famous for a reason. So many delectable things to try. You can find crepes just about anywhere and often the best ones are from street vendors or mom-and-pop shops. You can’t go wrong with a nutella crepe.
9. Picnic in the Luxembourg Gardens. The French love to hang out and relax here. Grab your baguette and wander through the scenic gardens.
10. Have some wine and cheese and a French wine bar. Nothing says French quite like wine, add some cheese with it and you will instantly feel like you are a Parisian. Paris has tons of wine bars to offer in all price ranges, make sure you stop at one before you leave.
Think we missed something? Let us know if there is anything you would add to the list.