Packing for a trip can be a daunting task. There are probably a number of things that you will wish you had packed once you take off, here is a list of some of the most common things you’ll wish you had remembered to pack in your carry-on.
1) Eye Drops– The air in planes is very dry. Especially if you plan to sleep on the flight, you will want to pack some eye drops to put the moisture back in your eyes when you wake up.
2) Socks– I like to be as comfortable as possible when I fly. Often I want to take my shoes off, but don’t want to freak other passengers out by sitting in my seat barefoot. If you pack a pair of neutral socks no one will notice you getting comfortable and your toes will stay warm.
3) Layers of clothing– Never underestimate how cold airplanes will be. If you are going to a tropical location, you will probably want to wear shorts and a tank top. Even if you are not, bring multiple layers to accommodate to the cabin temperature.
4) Billow– Okay, so you can take a little pillow and blanket, but a billow (a blanket that is stored as a pillow) is more fun. If it is cold on your flight or you just want to snuggle up, you are going to want to bring a pillow and blanket.
5) Water and Snacks– Relying on the plane food is a terrible choice. When you get bored, you typically get hungry, so even if you don’t think you will use it make sure to pack drinks and a snack to tide you over.
6) Tylenol or other painkillers– Whether you experience muscle pain, back problems, headaches from the cabin pressure, or any other issue, you will be glad you packed a painkiller for a flight.
7) Immune System Booster- Planes are known as breeding grounds for sicknesses, take Airborne or some form of vitamin C to protect yourself as much as possible from getting sick.
8) Everything you will need if your luggage gets lost- many people only pack the things they foresee needing on the actual flight, but if your bag gets lost you are going to want things that cannot easily be obtained at your location. Make sure you carry-on your prescriptions, phone charger, a change of clothes, a toothbrush, and anything else you wouldn’t be able to make it two days without.
9) Hotel and transit directions in paper form- On a trip to Spain, I made the mistake of saving the address and phone number of the people I was staying with on my Iphone and Laptop. When I arrived, both devices had died and I was without any way of locating where I needed to go. Make sure you have exactly what you need to get to your final destination on a piece of paper or something that cannot go out of power.
If you think there is anything we are forgetting, let us know below!
Travel smarter, not harder friends.